Test for residual water in Flexible Endoscopes
• Verify the dryness of Flexible Endoscope channels
• User friendly, pre-prepared test
• Purple colour change indicates residual water in the tested channel
• Detection limit of 0.05 µl residual water
• Immediate result, no incubation required
HydroCheck-E can detect a very small amount of residual water inside an endoscope channel to avoid recontamination during storage.
A swab is used to sample any residual water from the endoscope channel and is then tested with the HydroCheck-E.
A purple spot on the swab indicates residual water in the tested channel. Large amount of residual water will turn the swab completely purple.
NOTE: Residual water in endoscopes is a hygiene risk to patients. Moisture allows microorganisms to survive and multiply. Endoscopes need to be completely dry before storage.