Routine Monitoring and Validation of cleaning efficacy for Cannulated instruments according to EN ISO 15883
• A prepared test for checking the reprocessing of cannulated instruments
• Test soil on stripe correlates to human blood in actual practice
• Dismountable device for visual check and process evaluation
• The device simulates cannulated surgical instruments
2 COMMON WAYS TO CLEAN CANNULATED INSTRUMENTS:
1) Cleaning of cannulated instruments in washer-disinfectors
Cannulated instruments are connected to the water supply in a special tray of the washer disinfector.
Can the washer-disinfector reach and clean blood inside cannulated instruments?
2) Cleaning of cannulated instruments in ultrasonic cleaner
Cannulated instruments are reprocessed with the aid of ultrasonic energy.
Can the ultrasonic process safely remove blood inside a cannulated instrument?